A Conversation with Clarissa Kristjansson

A Conversation with Clarissa Kristjansson

Written on 07/14/2020
by Pierre

Clarissa is an internationally recognised Mindfulness and Menopause Expert who knows how to help midlife women see major life change as ones of transformation. She is a speaker and author of international best seller The Mindful Menopause and the founder of Thriving Through Transition – an end to end online coaching program exclusively designed for women that addresses how to approach major midlife changes from a holistic mind-body approach and takes them from struggling with to a place of resilience, greater confidence, and experiencing a new sense of freedom and energy in months .

Clarissa has had 7 years’ experience working with mindfulness, compassion and health coaching supporting women during major life changes like menopause, career and relationships shifts.  Her 28 year tenure in corporate as a senior leader has gained her personal insight how change can impact on women’s confidence, wellbeing and ability to thrive in both their personal and professional life.

She has been featured in many publications and  is also a Fellow of the Royal Society and an active participant in the RSA’s Mindful Living network.  In 2013 Clarissa suffered a burnout during her own perimenopause and in that time, she was mentored by and trained some of the worlds Experts in the Mind Body Field.  She was adamant to find a different way to live her life and also discovered something very profound during this period.  She realised that key to living well was to develop a kinder and more soothing approach to our minds, to shift from blaming and criticising ourselves, or self-dislike,  to being curious about how our minds work; understanding and taking responsibility to try as  best we can to feel more in control and at peace with ourselves.

What does mindfulness mean to you?

Mindfulness can literally transformed my world from the inside out. I discovered that everything I had been searching for ‘out there’ feelings of happiness, peace and wholeness had been within me all along.

When did you first start your journey ?

I was introduced to mindfulness in 2013 through a meeting with a practitioner which lead to 8 weeks of MBSR

What are you the most proud of?

I am part of raising a next level conversation globally on midlife women's life changes to one that is grounded in mindfulness - positive, compassionate and transparent

What are you working on?

. TV program on the menopause which will livestream on Apple Tv

. 12 series Masterclass 'Changing the Change'

. And growing my podcast reach

What would you like to be remembered for?

I contributed to shifting our collective view on older women in corporate arena.

If you were an animal, a plant or anything other than a Human Being ... What would you be?

Dolphin - sense of freedom and pure joy they convey

Is there anything you want to ask to the Community?

Now, I am just lookng to meeting you all.