Conversation with Jonathan Stone

Conversation with Jonathan Stone

Written on 07/01/2020
by Pierre

Jonathan Stone is a Yoga Instructor and Beatbox Vocalist. He first discovered yoga in 2007 when it aided his recovery from a meniscus tear. He deepened his connection further in 2017 when he spent three transformational weeks at the Yandara Yoga Institute in Baja, Mexico obtaining his 200-hour teacher certification. 

Flow + Tell, started from the idea that most yoga classes end with the students, who just spent 60-90 minutes cultivating the 'yoga high', scatter out of the studio in a mad dash back onto the crazy city streets. What better time to segue a live music savasana right into an intimate dinner experience where curated conversation prompts could catalyze raw, vulnerable connection? Wind it down with a music performance during dessert and Flow+Tell was born. 

As a business development professional, yoga has helped Stone maintain a sense of balance and calmness in a fast-paced, hectic career. As an instructor, he takes a passionate approach to teaching — one that aims to inspire others to live a yogic life on and off of the mat, builds community and embodies the physical, spiritual, and emotional aspects of well-being. As a musician, he loves infusing live elements of throat singing, handpan and live percussion into his classes and performs regularly around New York City, where he calls home.  

What does mindfulness mean to you?

A heightened state of awareness, responding vs. reacting, exiting the fight or flight mechanism and getting into the parasympathetic nervous system.

What are you the most proud of?

Besides my relationship with my 6-year old son? My entrepreneurial endeavor, Flow+Tell.

What would you like to be remembered for?

Inspiring/educating others to live more mindful, meaningful lives.

If you were an animal, a plant or anything other than a Human Being ... What would you be?

A rolling stone gathering no moss :)

Is there anything you want to ask to the Community?

Flow and Tell just launched a Corporate Wellness offer. With Google and LinkedIn being one of our first clients, I am eager to develop this offer to more community and companies. So ... any recommendations and/or introductions are welcome! ;)