A conversation with Barbara Isabelle Sennrich

A conversation with Barbara Isabelle Sennrich

Written on 01/05/2020
by Pierre

Name: Barbara Isabelle Sennrich

City: NYC

Hashtags bio: #Fitness #ChangeAgent #CommunityBuilder

Background facts: Barbara Isabelle Sennrich is an international Communications and Fitness Professional, Corporate Culture Champion, Change Agent and Community Builder. Originally from Switzerland, Barbara is a New York-based, global citizen.

Barbara lives by her mantra: “There is no such thing as work-life balance. We have ONE life. It’s an integration of work and fulfilling our dreams and potential. To succeed we have to integrate who we are with what we do.”

Barbara volunteers internationally. She is an authentic leader who values honesty, integrity and authenticity.

Her vision of a success story is to live the best life she possibly can and make a difference - for herself, her loved ones and beyond the people she knows. As a passionate communications professional and Corporate Culture Champion, her goal is to evolve Corporate Cultures to environments that allow employees to show up as their authentic selves. To shape them into a place where employees are able to bring everything they have to offer to the table. And lastly, Corporate Cultures should be a (support) system, providing employees with the tools and processes, and hold them accountable to be successful.

Let's see what Barbara has to share. 

What does mindfulness mean to you?

To be fully aware of what is happening right here and now, without being caught up in a story or judgement or even neutral thoughts. Just be present and in the moment, utilizing all my five senses.

How did you first start your journey to mindfulness?

I dabbled in mindfulness long before I actually started my journey consciously because I always felt drawn to it. I instinctively knew it was good for me. The moment I knew I had to turn my life around and fully embrace mindfulness was when my friend and mentor called me out as an unreliable drunk. I hadn't noticed what was happening, I hadn't noticed that I lost myself. That was a painful experience and brutal wake-up call that literally catapulted me on my mindfulness hourney.

What are you the most proud of, so far?

I'm most proud of not only making peace with myself but actually honoring myself. I've learnt to draw personal boundaries, to put my own safety mask on first.I'm still working on and committed to bringing my best and unique self to life every single day so that I can truly embrace my mission on this earth. So that I can do my part to make this world a better place. Based on this ongoing personal journey I created I SPARK OUR FIRE which is my biggest achievement so far.

What would you like to be remembered for?

I want to be remembered as someone who made a difference in this world. Someone who helped people find their own best and unique self and honor that so they in turn can help others do the same. We all have complementary strengths and we are wired for connection - so I guess I want to be remembered as someone who created connection between people by everyone stepping into their own natural power.

Any recommendations for books?

.  All Brene Brown books
 . The Four Agreements - Don Miguel Ruiz
 . I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings - Maya Angelou
 . The Year of Yes - Shonda Rhimes
 . The Alchemist - Paulo Coehlo
. And actually so many more!

If you were an animal, a plant or anything else than a Human Being ... What would you be?

I would love to be a bird to be able to fly around the world and see everything from a different perspective. From far up high, realizing that everything is so relative depending on the point of view. But also because I would love to travel everywhere and meeting all the people on this beautiful earth.

Is there anything you want to ask to the Community?

I would love to find a few volunteer teams to pilot my I SPARK OUR FIRE approach  and/or come to my workshop at TRIO on Tuesday, December 3.

Let’s finish with 3 words. Your own three words...

Honesty, Integrity & Authenticity