Meet the Members | A conversation with Léa Candon

A conversation with Léa Candon

Written on 08/31/2019
by Pierre

Name: Léa Candon

City: Toronto 

Hashtags Bio: #Animalslover #Environmental Activist #IndigoActivator for Toronto

Background facts:  Léa grew up in Paris. In 2014, she graduated with a Master of Science in International Brand Marketing and began studying and working throughout France, Spain, the U.S, and Canada in Marketing and Sales.

Léa Candon loves the Earth, animals, travelling, getting acquainted with new cultures and learning languages… And guess what? She actually puts her actions where her heart is. She is a passionate activist for environmental rights with a focus on wildlife including through her project “Brave Worldwide” that connects brands to environmental activists. Brave helps creating synergies towards making positive impacts for the preservation of the Earth with such partners as Bee Girl, Happy Farm and Elephant Nature Park. In addition to this, the organisation also has an educational arm aimed at the general public through its flagship workshop “the Earth Citizenship Masterclass”. As a young professional, Léa sensed early on the urge to serve a higher purpose for herself and for all. As she states herself, mindfulness has been her strongest daily resource. So it only made sense for us to have Léa joined Indigo and further become one of our cherished team member, as well as the Activator for Toronto. We asked Léa a few questions, see what she had to say.

What does Mindfulness means to you?

To me, Mindfulness means discipline, alignment & happiness.

How did you first start your journey to Mindfulness?

My mom initiated me as a young age with incense, she taught me about chakras, angel cards and spirituality in general. I read "The Alchemist" when I was 15 yo, and I always had in mind to achieve my Personal Legend. Since then, I started reading, practising, learning, meeting Gurus (Amma), traveling (retreats)...Mindfulness has helped me through every challenge in my life.

What are you the most proud of so far?

My journey in general. Being brave enough to leave a comfortable life to follow my intuition and purpose: living abroad, quitting a full time job, traveling often, ...living on my own terms!

What would you like to be remembered for?

Being a pioneer in educating and inspiring people to transform themselves and become good Earth Citizens: people aware of their impact on the planet, on people and on their own happiness. I will write a book at some point, this could be a good legacy!

Any recommendations for books?

Living beautifully - Pema Chodron
The Dark Side of the Light Chasers - Debbie Ford
The Monk who sold his Ferrari - Robin Sharma
The Alchemist - Paulo Coelho
The Prophet - Khalil Gibran
The Celestine Prophecy - James Redfield

If you were an animal, a plant or anything else than a Human Being ... What would you be?

Honestly, I define myself as a Starseed, coming from another galaxy. I would probably be an alien living on another planet, or a Star living in the Universe. The living being experience on Earth is challenging and contrary to the harmony that I hope for. This is why I am trying to re-create my own world in this human life.

Is there anything you want to ask to the Community?

Just remind ourselves how lucky we are to be able to connect worldwide and learn from each other!

Let’s finish with 3 words. Your own three words...

ALL IS WELL.

Thank you Léa!