A conversation with Stéphane Riot

A conversation with Stéphane Riot

Written on 11/02/2019
by Pierre

Name: Stéphane Riot

City: Paris

Hashtags Bio: #alchemistofthenewEarth #reinventionactivator #holisticstrategy

Background facts: From Brittany in France where he grew up, Stéphane  dates back his awareness of the 4 elements’ invisible energies from his upbringing. Graduated in international Relations, Psychopedagogy and Entrepreneurship, he is part of different research groups on neurosciences and cognitive science. In addition to this, he is a professor and speaker at various Business School and Think Tanks including HEC, Skema, IFS, Ticket For Change as well as a Ted speaker. For the  last 15 years +, he has been defining holistic strategies for organisations and individuals.

Ted speaker, Stéphane Riot is known for his holistic approach which reconciles strategic thinking and human empowerment to help organizations elevate their business model and mission.

A compelling story-teller, Stéphane is clearly drawing a full-circle path between his upbringing in Brittany and is now mission to support greater harmony and balance as sustainable strategies within organizations.

Whilst growing up, he mentions the unique “family folklore” that later would reveal to be so impactful to his understanding of the world. Between a grandfather farmer teaching him about the beauty of nature and its seasons as well as how to source water, a father “master of fire” working in shipyards and other colourful characters. These impressed Stéphane in such a way that it led him to find synergies between the internal and external lives of what he coined as the invisible energies of the 4 elements

An early advocate for sustainability, Stephen is also the founder of NoveTerra - an ecosystem of experts and researchers investigating the economic and societal models of the future since 2005.

In addition to this, he is the author of "Vive la CoRévolution!” , a plea for a collaborative society.

Stéphane is one of our founding members in Paris. Recently, he kindly went through our Indigo questionnaire, see what he told us:

What does Mindfulness means to you?

Mindfullness is a specific state of consciousness, a moment of connection to the Source within, a sense of wholeness...

How did you first start your journey to mindfulness?

I was highly unsatisfied with the way I saw life unfolding for myself and those around me. I always had an inclination to turn inward and dwell there, and studying Buddhism solidified my decision to turn my attention inward, and begin my investigation as to why life was the way it was.

What are you the most proud of so far?

The fact that I am still capable of keeping my heart open even facing the toughest times in my life and the world's situation I witness.

What would you like to be remembered for?

That I have tried everyday, till my last breath to demonstrate that LOVE is the answer to all the issues we are facing.

Any recommendations for books?

. "Opening doors within"  - Eileen Caddy 

. "The power of now" - Eckart Tolle 

. "Talking with Angels"  - Gitta Mallasz

. And countless inspirational videos on youtube…

If you were an animal, a plant or anything else than a Human Being ... What would you be?

A tree, I can last a long time, I can offer my fruits to feed other animals or humans, and my shadow to protect them or be witness to their talks and shared secrets; I can eventually turn myself into a home, a coffin or an instrument ...

Is there anything you want to ask to the Community?

I am currently writing an essay on business and consciousness and I am looking for inspirational leaders who have used their spiritual intelligence to make their business thrive (book should be released in France in 2020)

Let’s finish with 3 words. Your own three words...

Consciousness. Gratitude. Love